The Executive Director is charged with overseeing all operations of the Theater including 1) presents national and international touring artists to the community through its mainstage series 2) produces performances featuring local talent in its auditorium (740+ seats) and Cultural Center studio space 3) partners with other community groups for cultural and economic development and 4) offers comprehensive arts education programs for Pre-K through 12th grade, providing over 20,000 contact experiences for children in the Klamath Basin. Supported by a dedicated eight-member staff, the Director acts as liaison to the board, supervises financial and fundraising systems and officially represents the Theater to the community.
- Board Administration and Support
- Program, Product and Service Delivery
- Financial and Facilities Management
- Human Resource Management
- Community and Public Relations
- Fundraising and Resource Development
Education and Experience: Master’s Degree preferred, Bachelor’s required, in community planning, arts administration, business administration or related field and three to five years of executive level management experience.
- Arts and cultural program strategies and implementation
- Principles, practices and procedures of strategic planning, nonprofit legal compliance and development ethics.
- Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations governing nonprofit administration.
- Techniques and practices for effective, efficient and cost effective management of allocated resources.
- Principles and practices of administrative management and an understanding of financial reports, budgeting, contract management and grants writing and management.
- Business and personal computers, technical spreadsheets and database applications
- Required Skills:
- Analyzing issues, evaluating alternatives and making logical recommendations based on findings.
- Assuming management level responsibilities and making appropriate decisions while assuring compliance with program goals and objectives.
- Analyzing organizational needs and prioritizing and promoting initiatives to meet resource development strategies and goals.
- Meeting critical time deadlines.
- Using initiative and independent judgment to effectively and efficiently implement arts and cultural programs
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with local businesses, government representatives, funders and community-based organizations.
- Effective verbal and written communication experience
Artists in Residence; Youth STARTS program
What is the program?
The Ross Ragland has partnered with Klamath City and County schools to create an artists in schools project. Well qualified Artists will travel to various school grades K-5 and present interactive performing arts lessons. The goal of the Youth StARTS program is to integrate arts into the traditional classroom by structuring lessons around current curriculum. We aim to support the Oregon CORE curriculum standards while inspiring passion for the arts. Applying artistic concepts to material and engaging students more physically and personally will enhance all around learning and academic performance overall.
How does it work?
Artists will travel to various pre-selected classrooms and teach in 30-45 minute lessons. Residencies run in three 8 week sessions. Artists will be placed at a different school each session.
Teaching Artist Requirements
Artists must be able to teach beginning concepts and build skill in their specific art form. Traveling artists must have a professional orientation as well as a background in vocal music and or theater performance. Artists must like kids and have a passion for teaching. Artists are responsible for travel; punctuality is of the utmost importance.
Artists must be able to commit to at least 24 weeks of contracted work starting in early September.
Contracted positions include up to 20 hours a week of classroom instruction. Contracted artists will be paid at $30/per hour.
If interested please fill out application online.
If interested please fill out application below. Applicants must also submit a cover letter and resume.
StARTS Application: Teaching_Artists_...n.1.pdf
General Application: Employment_Application_PDF.pdf